Coconut coir mat 400, also called coir mat 40, is an effective tool in soil erosion control. Manufactured from coconut fiber, the coir mat for soil erosion is fully biodegradable and offers an affordable Green Building alternative for municipal projects. With the open weave of this coir fabric, erosion control is semi-permanent because it promotes vegetation growth in addition to protecting the soil against erosion caused by water and wind. For soil erosion and bank stabilization, coir mat 400 is best used on slopes of less than 1:1.
- Safe for environmentally sensitive areas and wildlife
- Fully biodegradable, compliant with Green Building programs
- Coir mat 400 can be seeded to promote faster vegetation growth
- Open weave in fabric supports seedlings as they grow
- Controls erosion on exposed soil
- Can be used as bank stabilization matting on hillsides with slopes of less than 1:1
- Field life of 2-5 years, before naturally decomposing
Note:Biodegradable stakes are also available to secure the erosion control matting for soil erosion to the hillside. When installing this coir geotextile for erosion control, choose between wooden stakes or biodegradable stakes made from recycled plastics and polymers. These stakes last on average 24-36 months in the field before naturally decomposing.