Coir mat 700, also called coir mat 70, is long-lasting coir fiber matting designed for erosion control use in municipal projects with medium-grade slopes. This coir erosion matting is a proven tool in protecting slopes against wind and water erosion. Manufactured from coconut fiber, coir fiber matting is 100% biodegradable and offers an affordable Green Building alternative for municipal projects, as well as landscaping. Coir mat 700 will satisfy federal clean water regulations when applied properly. With a 50% open weave, coconut coir 700 matting is adaptable to seeding and for use with plugs. Coir 700 matting is considered a semi-permanent erosion control measure, with no disposal costs needing to be incurred. It is preferred for use on moderate slopes up to 2:1 or on jobsites with more demanding environmental conditions.
- Safe for environmentally sensitive areas and wildlife
- 50% open weave in fabric supports seedlings and plugs as they grow
- Fully biodegradable, compliant with Green Building programs
- Controls erosion on exposed soil from wind and water
- For slopes of less than 2:1
- Field life of 4-6 years, before naturally decomposing
- Economical coir mat price fits nearly any budget